Sunday, August 21, 2016

Cameron Frye, This Post's For You.




I got legit no sleep this week. Ugh.
This is going to be a short post this week, since today I'm changing my bedtime to 9:00 instead of 12:00.
EFFORTS!!!!!!!
Anyway, let's get to it.

Variant by Robison Wells
****
Four Stars
This was actually a book my school assigned for us to read. When I first heard that they were making us read ANOTHER book that year, I wasn't exactly excited. (Throw back to my two flop posts...They were both school books.) And then I read it.....
This was probably my favorite book my Language Arts teachers made me read. The Outsiders came in second and Lupita Manana in third.This book was action packed and perfectly captured what school is like.
By the way, Maxfield Academy is a prison.
(I hope there aren't any teachers reading this.....)
You know you're counting down the days until Winter Break.
Anyway, I had no idea where this book was going to go... I liked that for the most part.
It kept me on my toes, especially since WE COULD ONLY READ A COUPLE CHAPTERS AT A TIME.
My seventh grade Language Arts teacher, you killed EVERYONE in that class with suspense. EVERYONE.
As much as I did like this book though, there was a downside as to where the book was going to go. There was this one part of the book where I was kind of confused, and it sounded like Robison Wells had pulled a scenario out of a hat and decided to run with it. That sounds fun, actually. 
I did like almost all of the characters....except for Benson....Who is the main character. He just always talked about escaping Maxfield. EVEN WHEN HE WAS KISSING SOMEONE.
OMG BENSON NO. JUST NO.
This was the way I felt throughout the book about Benson:
Although Benson was not my favorite, Becky, Lily, and Curtis were.
Curtis was the best.
That's because he is, Grace. He definitely is.
And character development was great in this book. You would be like, this person kind of sucks. And then you were like, I actually like this person.
So overall, a pretty good read.
(Also, I met Robison Wells and he most definitely is a RIGHTEOUS DUDE.) 
Anyway, that's all I've got for you this week.
Excuse me while I dance away so I can go sleep...
Have a great week guys!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment