Sunday, May 21, 2017

I. CAN'T. EVEN.

Why hello there!

I'm here to finally do what this blog was actually made for...


REVIEW BOOKS!

Ok, so into the actual review now:

❤Love and First Sight❤
By Josh Sundquist


"On his first day at a new school, Will Porter accidentally groped a girl on  the stairs, sat on a another student in the cafeteria, and somehow drove a new classmate to tears. High school can only get better from there right?"

That quote is from the inside cover of the book, which DO NOT READ THE REST OF THE SUMMARY BECAUSE IT SPOILS THE WHOLE BOOK. UGH. So the book is basically about a blind kid trying to survive high school.

Year of Publishing: 2017
Publishing House: Little, Brown
Genre: Realistic Fiction/Romance
Age: Teen/Middle School
Short/Long Read: It's a pretty short read because you can't put it down. I read it within two days.
Rating Out Of Five: 5/5 (Five Stars)


THIS BOOK WAS FREAKING AMAZING.
I JUST--
I CAN'T WITH THIS BOOK.



Ok so here's the thing:
This book has amazing humor. It's the straightforward kind of witty humor that I enjoy a lot, and I laughed out loud during class multiple times...and I got weird looks for it too.
It has awesome characters. I'd have to say that Nick is my favorite character.  Well, either him or Will. Once again, these characters are super witty and weird.
And my most favorite thing about the book:
We never get a physical description of the characters until the end of the book. This may sound horrible and it may sound like it will drive you insane (which it does), but it leaves readers in suspense. Almost the whole book we are wondering what the love interest Cecily looks like and it builds up so much it almost kills.
I love this book with a fiery passion and it opens up a totally new perspective (that was a pun for all the people who've read the book). PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE buy this book as soon as you get the chance. You can find it online or in the teen section at Barnes and Noble.

That's all for this week!
I'm going to go sleep (which seems the theme of the end of all of my posts, but it's true). Finals are finally over and I'm ready to actually get some sleep.
Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment