Monday, August 4, 2014

If There's Anything Better Than Sliced Bread, It's Unicorns. But If There's Anything Better Than That, It's This Book.

So now I have brought to you the bestest book in the universe. (If aliens had a better book, I want it--NOW.) And this book is...
Drum roll please!!!
(OK guys, that's just wimpy. Now give me a REAL drum roll...)
WONDER BY R.J. PALACIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guys, this book is like Because of Mr.Terupt on steroids. If there were six stars, Wonder would get seven stars. I cannot scream this from the top of the Empire State Building enough times. (You think I'm kidding.) So I guess I should stop ranting, because I'm pretty sure you don't want to read a whole post of ranting and ramblings.

Most people think they have it bad. Like, "Oh No!I don't know what to wear!" Well you don't know the definition of having it bad. If you look it up in the dictionary, August Pullman's picture is next to it. Auggie has a face deformity that had been "..caused by a recessive mutation in the TCOF1 gene..." that makes kids run and scream and other kids make fun of him. He's been home-schooled by his mother because of that. And then middle school comes along.
August goes to Beecher Prep, a private school near his home in New York. He's welcomed by Mr.Tushman and three students, Charlotte, the nice and smart kid, Julian, the bully, and Jack Will, Auggie's new friend. Really, sending August to middle school is like sending "...a lamb to the slaughter...", and according to Google, that isn't good for August.

I think I already gave you a preview of what Wonder will get this week. So now we get to the suspense...
****** The Never Before Seen Six Stars!!!!! OK, if a tornado with sharks in it is possible (in a movie), than this is possible. Wonder is a moving book sure to touch the hearts of manys. I may sound like a buisness person, but I'm not kidding. I sobbed during this book. (Maybe it was with the help of the dramatic music I was playing, but that doesn't matter.) Wonder rocks my socks. This book is for anyone older than 10 years old, and for everyone, no matter what genre you like. Wonder is realistic fiction with action and heartfelt moments. Wonder is the whole package!

My favorite quote from the book: "Everyone needs a standing ovation at least once in their life, because we all overcometh the world." -August Pullman
(It's my official motto) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment